Video4 Recording Issues

prb

Video4 Recording Issues

Postby prb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:39 am

I have used my Video4 maybe half a dozen times. Up until Donington last week it worked fine with the 4Gb card supplied. Now the card is unreadable and sends my PC into a loop trying to read the card. I also have a 32 Gb card. When I use this, the unit appears to operate correctly but produces corrupted, unreadable files. If I reformat it FAT32 I can use the 32Gb card without any issues just for file storage from the PC.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:11 pm

email me and I'll get a replacement 4GB CF card sent out, lets isolate this. My direct email is andrew@race.... etc. Please confirm the name use to order the V4 and approximate date.

Some 32G cards can cause issue due to the power some makes need, sandisk are the best option - very rarely see any problems with these.

Thanks, Support (A)

prb

Postby prb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Card received. I have also sourced a Kingston 16Gb card I will try if the replacement solves the problem. It won't be for a few days, though. Do you want the presumed defective card back for analysis?

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:55 pm

I have seen stuff like this then when removing the cards with the unit powered up. Always make sure the power is off before inserting/removing the cards...
Peter Carroll, Toronto, Canada
DL1 and Dash2 - http://DriversMeeting.com/pcarroll

prb

Postby prb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:11 am

I have just tested both the Integral card you supplied and the 16 Gb Kingston card. They both appear to function with a short static test.
As a thought, perhaps the 32 Gb card data rate is too high - 600x - rather than the original card at 40x, and the Kingston at 266x. Doesn't explain how the original card got trashed though. It is possible that Peter Carroll has a point as that race was red flagged and there was considerable confusion; I may have not followed the right sequence. Do you want it back for analysis or suggest a way of recovering it? I have tried formatting it from the command prompt but the result is still the same.
Related question: if I power off the video4, leave the card in and power it up again, what effect does that have on the files already on the card?

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Also, when I've had this problem in the past, reformatting the card always fixed it. No damage was done in my case.
Peter Carroll, Toronto, Canada
DL1 and Dash2 - http://DriversMeeting.com/pcarroll

prb

Postby prb » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 pm

I've just had another strange occurrence. Racing at Oulton Park, I suffered an impact and the recording file is gibberish. I am sure that I followed the correct stop/power down/remove card sequence but it is unreadable. It had been working fine up until that point.
I would love to recover the file to confirm my recollection of events. This was one of the attractions of installing a Video4, after all.
If I could work out how, I would post a screenshot of the directory contents.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:18 am

Hi,

Please email me directly as I would like a little more information on the issue you are experiencing. also it would be great if you could send the file over to me so I can view the issue directly.

Email Address is :- sam@race-technology.com

Regards,
Support (SK)

Return to “General support questions”