Config help DL1 MK3

Stratocaster

Config help DL1 MK3

Postby Stratocaster » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:17 pm

I have a new DL1 MK3. When I read the current configuration, and make the needed changes to support my installation, sensors, ECU adapter and dash and then save the changes, I am greeted with a list of errors (6). I found two of the

1. Output drivers used but not enabled in the device
This I understand if related to the GoPro output.

2. 1 kHz logging enabled for data storage but not enabled in device
Looking at ever single Flash card storage option. I just don't see it. Any ideas?

3. Extended frequency channels enabled for output or storage but not enabled in device
All items under the Frequency inputs are disabled. Any ideas?

4. Processed GPS Speed Data enabled for output or storage but not enabled in device. Any ideas? I think I might have just found this one, Flash card storage, "Processed GPS Speed Data" is set to 100Hz, any ideas what it should be set to by default for a base model MK3?

I understand that the DL1 MK3 has many extra feature and the software allows you to configure these options even if you don't own them. If you do the UI complains when you save them to the unit. It should. However the software should ask you if you want to turn the unsupported options off and do it for you.

A brand new unit, you should be able to pull the configuration out of the unit that is configured for the max options supported by your new hardware and not the max supported for the hardware. I.E. You should be able to read and write the running configuration without an error being presented.

justpete

Re: Config help DL1 MK3

Postby justpete » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Stratocaster wrote:I have a new DL1 MK3. When I read the current configuration, and make the needed changes to support my installation, sensors, ECU adapter and dash and then save the changes, I am greeted with a list of errors (6). I found two of the

1. Output drivers used but not enabled in the device
This I understand if related to the GoPro output.

2. 1 kHz logging enabled for data storage but not enabled in device
Looking at ever single Flash card storage option. I just don't see it. Any ideas?

3. Extended frequency channels enabled for output or storage but not enabled in device
All items under the Frequency inputs are disabled. Any ideas?

4. Processed GPS Speed Data enabled for output or storage but not enabled in device. Any ideas? I think I might have just found this one, Flash card storage, "Processed GPS Speed Data" is set to 100Hz, any ideas what it should be set to by default for a base model MK3?

I understand that the DL1 MK3 has many extra feature and the software allows you to configure these options even if you don't own them. If you do the UI complains when you save them to the unit. It should. However the software should ask you if you want to turn the unsupported options off and do it for you.

A brand new unit, you should be able to pull the configuration out of the unit that is configured for the max options supported by your new hardware and not the max supported for the hardware. I.E. You should be able to read and write the running configuration without an error being presented.

1KHz sampling, extended frequency inputs, and 20Hz GPS (processed GPS) are extra cost options. The GoPro uses the logging status output which is default on but not programmable to any other parameter and neither are any of the other outputs since this is also an extra cost option.

All the setup data for your device is contained in the codes.bin file you would've received if you'd bought any of the extra options.

HTH

Return to “General support questions”