Not Counting Millage

a98pmalcolm

Not Counting Millage

Postby a98pmalcolm » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi.

Every since my DASH 2 install my 1993 MKIV Supra hasn't been counting up the millage on the stock ODO meter but worked fine with the stock dials.

I noticed the brown wire on Conn 1 wasn't connected to anything. Does that need to be wired into the stock odo meter? Or is it another issue somewhere?

Thanks
Paul

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:46 am

What are you using for the speed display on the DASH2? If you are using GPS then on the earlier firmware for the DASH2 this won't update the odometer, but on the current firmware it will do. If you aren't using GPS from a data logger then you will need to connect up the wheel speed input to give the system a signal to work from.

Martin

a98pmalcolm

Postby a98pmalcolm » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Martin.

Mine is on Version is 9 3 0

Is that the latest?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:40 am

Yes, are you getting the vehicle speed from the GPS or from the wheel speed sensor. Is your vehicle speed display working correctly?

Martin

a98pmalcolm

Postby a98pmalcolm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Sorry on the late response.

Yes the speed is showing up perfectly on the Dash2 display aswell as fuel levels AFR etc etc.

I'm not sure if its using GPS or wheel speed. But I believe its the reading from the syvecs which would be wheel speed not GPS.

The millage was fine until the dash2 display was fitted..

Thanks
Paul

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 am

If you don't have the brown wire connected then you are getting the speed data either from the syvecs or from the GPS. Your standard instruments wouldn't have been getting their data from either of these sources so the issue with your standard instruments must be that the wiring has been changed and whatever was used for your wheel speed on your standard instruments has been removed.

Martin

a98pmalcolm

Postby a98pmalcolm » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:54 am

Thanks for the reply martin. I have the now have car booked in for Kieran to look at as I need a few other things getting up on it.

Many thanks
Paul

Return to “General support questions”