AEM EMS serial interface

ScienceofSpeed

AEM EMS serial interface

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Received a Dash2Pro and AEM EMS serial interface. The serial interface is not working. We have the ECU configured identically to this:
http://www.race-technology.com/forum/vi ... ht=aem+ems

The configuration is configuration 5 "ECU & Computer" monitoring with Lite Monitor. Configuration is as shown in booklet, serial data output is connected to the terminator and the null modem cable between the serial data in and computer. The computer has a native serial port, and the port is known to work.

When lite monitor connects, no data channels are displayed and the error count begins. I logged both outputs through the interface and directly from the PC. I e-mailed these to "sales@race-technology.com".

Please reply, thank you.

-- Chris

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:43 am

Can you please check that you have the baud rate set to the default of 115200 in the lite monitor when you are trying to view the data from the ECU interface.

Martin

ScienceofSpeed

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, Lite Monitor is set to 115,200. No data displays. When I connect the PC directly to the ECU and monitor the port using PUTTY, I do get data (shown here):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3de4hn7n22pi ... %20ECU.log

When plugged in to the serial adapter, there is no data.

Support

Support

Postby Support » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:24 am

Hello,

I have emailed you directly. The data in the link looks like it has been captured at the wrong bard rate and is full of the same values.

Please check the baud rate the ECU is transmitting at and capture at the same rate and email me a new file.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

ScienceofSpeed

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:27 pm

hi Kieran -- have you been able to review the file? I have verified that the AEM is outputting serial data, but the RT serial adapter is not.

ScienceofSpeed

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:31 pm

FYI: Al with RT USA provided a reflash file for the serial adapter "AEM customer reflash file 101110.hex" and this cured the problem.

Return to “General support questions”