HD Video, 8.5 & Video Sync

jeffw

HD Video, 8.5 & Video Sync

Postby jeffw » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 pm

I must admit to getting excited with realisation that 8.5 supports HD (including 1080p) video. So I loaded an old data log and the raw (rather than VD4) video for it....

It then dawned on me that the auto-sync appears to have disappeared from the menu. So the choices are now manual, time sync or RT GoPro cable. Does this mean my RT 3rd Party Video Sync is not supported by 8.5 of the code???

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:28 am

Hello,

Currently the 3rd party video auto sync is not available in 8.5. HD works differently so the software that does the sync needs to work differently. This may take a while to get sorted so only version 8 is available with auto sync. The video sync flashes is still very useful to have in the video with 8.5 because it makes sync of the video extremely easy.

When you first load in the video the data point is 0. You then just need to scroll to when the led flasher comes on and click sync and it is done.

Regards,
Support (K)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi Kieran

Thanks for that. It is a little difficult to judge the start on the blink in a very small window (and there is no option to enlarge the window). Every time I try it the data seems to be drifting from the Video (or vis versa) so you end up with some odd G readings.

Also, just FYI, with Windows 8 your Version 8.5 has some serious issues with the look of the menus. Menu items don't show up unless you run the mouse down the list.

Support

GoPro

Postby Support » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 am

Morning Jeff,

It is unlikely we will change the video screen size in the run manager. If you set up a tab for syncing the video you can have a normal video window (which you can size to what ever you like) and after clicking on sync you can use the big window to check it.

We did have a bug with the HD video in a pre-release beta version that caused it to drift but i have been doing alot of testing and all seems perfect. If you watch the video here>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPakCWxUSNk

I can't see any drifting from looking at the G-forces.

* Which camera are you using, GoPro?
* Have you got the very latest version installed?

Support

Windows 8

Postby Support » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 am

Regarding windows 8 we will investigate into this.

Return to “General support questions”