Arduino

Support

Postby Support » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 am

If you have data coming out to the DL1 at 115200 baud but you aren't getting anything coming up in the data logging files, try using the Lite Monitor to see what is happening, if that is producing multiple errors but you aren't sure why then log a file using the Lite Monitor with the sample rate set to -1 and email the file to me, mhill at race-technology.com and I'll help you out.

Martin

disquek

Postby disquek » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Justin,

Can you send me the code also? It would give me a huge boost in developing what I'm trying to make (extra channels) and I'd be happy to share what I come up with when it's done.

disquek at yahoo dot com

Thank you!
-Kyle

JustinHomi

Postby JustinHomi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Hey Kyle,

Sorry for the late response. Sure, I'll send you an email now with the code.

Justin

JustinHomi

Postby JustinHomi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh wait, looks like I missed a message from Jim also. I just sent you the code too.

/me thinks I should probably post this online somewhere

djpdesign

Postby djpdesign » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 am

Hi JustinHomi,

I am working on an Arduino to read tyre temp via IR.
I have the temp part working, struggling to interface though RS232 with the DL1. Could you send me a copy of your code as it could help me work it out.
Much appreciated.

Seems like PM is disabled from this board?

Dan

dan at djpdesign dot co dot uk.

Colin105

Postby Colin105 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

Just thought I’d give a bit of an update on what I’ve been working on with regard to using an arduino board to communicate with a DL1. after getting the basic communication working (thanks to Justin for some good code too!) I got a PCB made up to package an Arduino with some input output components, this is what I’ve ended up with

8 Analog inputs (1 permanently measuring bat. voltage)
all analog inputs can be switched between normal input or single wire (pull up resistor) via software
6 outputs capable of driving 12Volt automotive relays directly
1 buzzer output for an audible alarm
4 button inputs (pull up resistors)
4 digital I/O
Serial I/O to DL1
Separate Serial I/O to Dash 3
Switch to allow Direct Connect to Dash 3 <-> DL1 for Dash 3 flashing

The software i'm using at the moment captures the serial message sent from the dash 3 when a button is pressed (start logging or add lap marker) on one serial port and then repeats it to the DL1 on the other serial port . I was hoping to use the buttons on the dash 3 to control the Arduino but there is to much screen feedback to be useable, it would be great if RT could add a user configurable button option in a future firmware (any change??)

Anyway nearly finished bench testing the unit then I’ll be installing it in the rally car. I still have some boards left over if anyway is interested

cheers

You only need 2 things in your tool box, duct tape and WD40.
-if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape
-if it doesn't move and it should use the WD40

Support

Postby Support » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Very cool indeed - great work!!

Andy, RT support

Multiplex

Postby Multiplex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Great workColin ,

I,m eventually interested in a board .
looks very neat and usable.

Klaas

ndeg*hotmail dot com

Colin105

Postby Colin105 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Hey Klass
tried to send you an e-mail but address was no good?

Hey Andy
any what are the chances of having an option in the dash3 button setup to send out other command values on the Unit control channel message in future firmware releases? would be really handy to be able to use the Dash 3 buttons for other things?

Also i've been mucking around with the Pulsecount message and pulse count 1 appears to be sending on channel no. 89, rather than 86?

cheers

Support

Postby Support » Thu May 02, 2013 9:37 am

I've put it on the list for updates requested, so it will happen - but I can't give you a date... very busy at the moment with the new DASH2PRO, that's got loads of features and we are deep into the testing which is taking up lots of time. More features => more to test!

Andy - support

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Colin105 - is your box able to read suspension position data at a high frequency and output that as a velocity to the DL1 at the 100 Hz the older DL1s can handle? This is something that many people want, but there are no solutions out there to do this.

Turby

Postby Turby » Fri May 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Not sure that velocity at 100 Hz would be any more useful useful than simple position. Velocity is simply distance over time (which is constant at 100Hz).

The fundamental problem lies in recording changes in suspension at greater than 100 Hz frequency without aliasing issues

Multiplex

Postby Multiplex » Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Colin,
Sorry , it,s my fault
I always write .com but it should be dot nl at the end :-(

Thanks Klaas

ndeg at hotmail dot nl

Colin105

Postby Colin105 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 pm

sorry corey, checked it out and the Arduino can't read Analog inputs at that speed, might be possible with an external AtoD chip but haven't got that in this box
cheers

hi Klaas, e-mail sent

jefrezicus

Postby jefrezicus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Would it be possible to use an Arduino to start/stop logging and illuminate an LED when GPS lock is active on a Video4? I basically need to replicate the function of the external start/stop button since that doesn't seem to support the Video4 and my unit is mounted in a place where the LEDs are really hard to see...

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Return to “General support questions”