Sorry for these really dumb newby question

willchappell1

Sorry for these really dumb newby question

Postby willchappell1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi there, apologies straight away if I am posting in the wrong section.

I have recently purchased a dl1 mk3 with dash 4 pro and a video 4 system. I had recently been on the half days training course. There were a few points that were not covered. Firstly I have been told the dash four can tell you whether you are up or down on your best lap time at any point on the track. Do you have to keep all the data for your best lap time on the memory card? Also will it figure out that the data is for the same track? Or do you have to configure something?

I am sure there are loads of other dumb questions that I will have once I get the installation all done. I have been lead to believe with all the obd2 information that these things are not at all easy to setup so am using Tim Mason, one of RT approved installers to do it for me. Has anyone any information or reviews of him? He is currently building a small wiring loom for everything. I will then take the Car up to him for the rest of the install.

What are other users opinions on the complexity and ease of configuring this system?

Cheers
Will
Mazda MX5 Cup Car

WillM

Postby WillM » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Will,

Great name and great car you have there! :wink: :lol:

Unless I've missed a new feature announcement, the RT equipment can only show "best lap" and lap time delta (whether you are up or down) based on the current run file. Lap information from previous .RUN sessions has no bearing on these functions.

I've been hoping and waiting for a long time for this functionality to be available, as it would make the feature so much more powerful, but I understand that it is not likely an easy thing to achieve, as RT would have certainly done so by now if possible.

RT - any update on this possibility?

Cheers,

Will

willchappell1

Postby willchappell1 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 am

so am i right in saying that as long as you have the run file or data from your best run on the memory card it will figure out what your best lap time was and all subsequent runs will be compared to that?

WillM

Postby WillM » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:53 pm

No.

The logger/display only looks at the data in file that is currently being recorded.

The best lap data is temporary, and is only active while the data logger is recording. As far as your display is concerned, as soon as you start or stop recording, the best lap data is lost.

Support

Constant time slip

Postby Support » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:13 pm

The DASH when being used in conjunction with the VIDEO4 or DL1 mk3/pro can display a constant updating time of how much you are up or down against theretical fastest lap. This can also be displayed in percentage (how faster you are going compared to your fastest lap)

This feature still needs the lap marker file on the memory card like our other lap timing features. The DASH does not store the information and resets each time it is switched on.

Kind regards,
RT

Return to “General support questions”