Hmm... what on earth happened in this data?

pentoman

Hmm... what on earth happened in this data?

Postby pentoman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Can anyone explain what might have gone wrong here or how to avoid it in future?

I helped my Dad set up his DL1 which is wired up to just analogue RPM and GPS sensors. The logger is 5 years old but was recently returned from being repaired/upgraded. To configure it I formateed a flash card and saved a default configuration to the root of the card. After doing this the logger worked fine from a very brief test where we waited for satellites then just started the engine and logged the RPM trace which looked perfect.

However, he then took the car on track, and this is what he came back with:

One run containing no sensible data at all, not even the RPM or G-force worked. There's one long straight line on the map. Speed that starts at something like 80mph and perfectly linearly drops to 0 and keeps dropping -80mph (!!!) over the course of a few minutes. An RPM reading which sits at 5,800, and reduces by a tiny amout every second, again perfectly linearly. There is really something wrong here, the values are too stationary and are changing at a steady clockwork rate, and not at all related to what the car was doing. Help!

The problem is my Dad is okay when he gets a working file but not technical enough to understand it when something like this happens, so I get called in which is rarely convenient :/

I have uploaded the RUN file so you can see for yourself, it really is bizarre and makes me think something must be significantly wrong or badly corrupt:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ml5xmbqirdke5ip

Return to “General support questions”