Help Faulty DL1 - no data logging or stataus LEd

bazza_c

Help Faulty DL1 - no data logging or stataus LEd

Postby bazza_c » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi

I'm getting no flashing green status light on my DL1. Nor is it logging any longer. Have tried using the DL1 configuration utility, but hasn't improved. Tried upgrading firmware, but this hasn't changed things either. I am getting an NMEA output from the serial port - the GPS is functioning okay because the lock light flashes. - but no output from the serial port to the DL1 monitor. Neither can I connect usiung the GPS utility. Someone suggested using the uBlox software, but I don't know which parameters to check and change where necessary.

Can anyone help?

David Ferguson

Postby David Ferguson » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:42 am

Have you changed Compact Flash cards, or re-formatted them?

I've seen this type of problem when using a compact flash card that isn't fast enough.

It can also happen if the card is formatted FAT32 instead of FAT16. This often happens becuase FAT32 is the Windows XP default. When formatting cards, I try to always use the Analysis Software Format Card function, since it makes sure to put down the correct filesystem for the DL1.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:54 pm

Hi:

You won't be able to access the GPS side without a special serial cable, it's on its own serial port with a non-standard pinout.

Dave's advice is good - but if your status light is off even with no card, then you've got a DL1 problem. Probably best to contact Support directly.

If your in North America, feel free to call me directly on 804 358-7289.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

moc

Postby moc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:36 am

I'm having the exact same problem with my DL1 - How did you end up getting this resolved?

David Stewart

Postby David Stewart » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:17 am

My DL1 also seems to be dead...

30 seconds into my 7th track session yesterday it just stopped recording.

On all four corners of the Dash1 LCD "No Data" is displayed, i.e.

No Data No Data
No Data No Data

Only the single red "power" LED is illuminated. The start/stop button does nothing.

All the previously recorded data on the compact flash is intact.

Since I've dismounted the unit from the vehicle I've done the following:

- checked all connections (only 12volt and GPS antenna attached to the unit). Reconnect. Power cycle. Nothing.

- removed the Dash1. Power cycle. Nothing.

- reformatted the compact flash. Created fresh SETUP.BIN file and copied to card. Power cycle. Nothing.

- repeat the sama format/copy with a different flash card. Power cycle. Nothing.

- reflash the unit with the latest "DL1 customer reflash 060627.HEX" file. Successful flash. Power cycle. Nothing.

- reflash the Dash1 with the latest "DASH.HEX" file. Successful flash. Power cycle. Nothing.

I have not attempted to perform the accelerometer recalibration routine yet.

I haave two events remaining this season (oct 29 / nov 19) and would like to have it working by then if possible.

Any ideas?

Please advise.

David Stewart

Return to “General support questions”