Start/Stop button with DL1 & VIDEO4

Xavier

Start/Stop button with DL1 & VIDEO4

Postby Xavier » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm

I needo some help with this.

I've just installed the separate start/stop button in my DL1+DASH3+V4 setup. When powering, the button flash briefly, but no loggin start / stop message is fired when pulsed.

I've another start/stop button with other DL1+DASH3 setup on a different car (no Video4 here) and the button works as expected. I've double-checked the button's four wire connections to DL1 of both setups, and they are the same.

Is this button working in a different way when a Video4 device is present ? Have I forgotten something ?

Thanks in advance.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Xavier,

Just to be clear you have the external start/stop connected to the DL1? In this case it has no effect on the VIDEO4 - so what you are seeing is as I would expect. As an alternative you might consider configuratin a button on the DASH3 to use as a start/stop?

Thanks,

Support

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes, this is the case.

I've installed this button to fire data logging in a simple way. I know that I can do it using DASH3 own buttons, but -at least for me- using a dedicated button is a better solution.

Can I associate this button with some custom variable, and configure Video4 to auto-start/stop recording according to this variable state ?

Regards.

Return to “General support questions”