DL1 MkII / Dash3 Track Marker Problem

evl

DL1 MkII / Dash3 Track Marker Problem

Postby evl » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi All-

I have a DL1/Dash3, onto which I've loaded a LAP file, and the DL1 is configured to auto-start at a specific speed. When the logging starts for the 1st time, I see a message on the dash saying "track marker added" (or something along those lines). I have the Dash3 configured with different screens for sectors and laps, but the odd thing is that the lap screen comes up at the end of the 1st sector, rather than at the lap marker in the LAP file. I've loaded the lap file back off of the CF card into the analysis program, and I don't see any changes: the mysterious added marker isn't there.

Any clue what is going on?? I'd really like my lap times to line up with the start/finish line.

Thanks,

-Chris

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:43 am

Same here with pre-loaded lap file on DL1, but using manual logging start.

Pressing the assigned button combination, I see first the 'requesting logger'/'start logging' sequence, and then, the strange 'track marker added' message.

And, as evl, laptime screen comes up at the end of the 1st sector, not at lap marker defined in the LAP file

For reference, I've see this only using DL1 + DASH3 without VIDEO4, no problem when V4 is wired and running.

Regards.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:51 am

You will see the lap marker added message whenever a run starts, this is because the DL1 is sending the lap marking information through to the DASH3 and the DASH3 doesn’t know if this is because the lap marker has just been added manually or has been read out of a file. If the lap timing information is coming up at the wrong points it is worth taking a look at the lap marker files generated by the software. If you have two markers you should have two sectors set up and should see something like this:

Sector--------Start-----------End

Sector 1-----Marker 1------Marker 2

Sector 2-----Marker 2------Marker 1

If you don’t have this then that is most likely the cause of the trouble.

evl

Postby evl » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 pm

In the analysis software, I have the "automatically based on track markers" checked, but if I uncheck it, I get:

Sector | Start | End
Sector 1 | #HM:1 | HM:2
Sector 2 | HM:2 | HM:3
Sector 6 | HM:6 | #HM:1

The actual lap file is binary, so the forum software chokes on it when I try to quote it in here. Regardless, I get the lap time at the end of sector 1, not at the end of sector 6.

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:24 am

We have had a few reports of this and are investigating at the moment. It would be very helpful if we could have the firmware version from the DASH3 and the DL1 as well as knowing which was the first marker passed after starting logging.

emersom

Postby emersom » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:15 pm

was this ever resolved?

evl

Postby evl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I think it got better after a firmware update. I forget which one. Has worked well for the last few races. I use the satellite imagery to place my start finish line, and the lap times line up very well with the official timing and scoring results.

Return to “General support questions”