No Video Out

fordsn

No Video Out

Postby fordsn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Hello,

I am trying to connect a portable TV to the video out on the Video4 unit and am unable to get a signal.

I've tested the TV and the composite video cable to be working fine with another video source.

The VGL file has two cameras and is setup in NTSC 4:3 format. I know the VGL was downloaded to the Video4 correctly because I recorded video and was able to view on the computer.

What else is there to try? Perhaps the 4-pin Video4-to-composite/power cable that came with the unit is no good?

Thanks,
Stuart

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:06 am

Hi!

I would be suprised if there was a fault as the video output is all bench tested. There are a few thigns to try:

- after the TV is connected reboot the VIDEO4
- make sure you are running the lastest firmware (from our web site)
- double check the connections ot the television/monitor
- if possible try an alternative television/monitor
- give all the connections a "wiggle"
- maybe unscrew the back connector that goes into the video out and check for an obvious faults, maybe due the strain on the wire

If nothing helps then please email me at andrew@ra...ogy.com and we'll arrange a replacment video cable.

Thanks,

Andy

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Stuart,

Just to be clear, you are plugging the cable into the AV In socket on the portable TV? and you are are using the Yellow Phono Plug on the cable (yours) that you are using?

Maxx

cguenther

Postby cguenther » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 am

Hi,

i had the same problems. Try to connect the Video-Out of your VIDEO4 to another unit, e.g. (Analog)Television. I bet you will get a picture here. on the unit i had the screen remained blank. maybe some video screens are somewhat picky about the input-signal, maybe its the video4-unit delivering not 100% standard (if there is any) output, maybe its the signal-level itself, i dont know.

I was able to change my portable video screen to another version/manufacturer which was able to show a picture. make shure to test this (new) one on the video4 or be able to return prior purchasing.

best regards
carsten

Return to “General support questions”