RPM not working from ECU interface.

pete_rallye

RPM not working from ECU interface.

Postby pete_rallye » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I have a DL1, Dash2 and Video4 with an ECU interface for a DTA S60, everything is working nicely except for the RPM which I cannot get to work at all. I have set everything up as it should be-main points been that RPM is disabled for storage and serial port as per the note in the configuration tool, and I get a reading, albeit not an accurate one in the Lite monitor to say that RPM is been output by the ECU interface and CAN (reads roughly half the actual rpm). I am not sure what the scalings should be in the Dash2 configuration tool when it takes its reading from the ECU interface but have tried 0,1, 10 and 100 in an attempt to get some sort of display but nothing has worked. As standard I think the DTA gives 2 pulses per rev.

I am assuming I have overlooked something, but as far as I can tell everything is as it should be.

I can't run a seperate wire for the rpm from the ecu either as I have wired it all in now and I am not taking the interior out again unless I really really have to, its not exactly easy.

Any help much appreciated.

pete_rallye

Postby pete_rallye » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:42 pm

With the help of a nice guy at Race Tec, I found out it was something I'd overlooked. I didn't realise you had to set the dash up to read from RS232, using the buttons rather than the configuration software. Now I've done that everything works perfectly.

Return to “General support questions”