Lap times Dash 2

MAC Racing

Lap times Dash 2

Postby MAC Racing » Tue May 04, 2010 4:33 pm

I tried the lap timing function on my Dash this weekend with poor results.

I set the track marker on the Dash with the momentary button for the dash. The dash will say new marker like it should but I would only occasionally get a lap time. Sometimes I would get two laps added together and other times no lap times for many laps. Also some of the times were fast by 3 seconds.

Has anyone had similiar problems? or has anyone had success with the lap timing function?

Thanks
Mat

Gregg

Postby Gregg » Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Well, at least I can get an accurate lap count now w/ the latest firmware for both the DL1 Mk1 and Dash2. It only took two full seasons to get that far.

Like you I have resorted to creating a single marker via button .LAP files only bring pain and anguish, but I also have issues with "Fastest Lap" being tenths slower than the previous fast lap and times not being reported.

On my wish list for 2012 -- reliable sector times
On my wish list for 2015 -- predictive lap times

Support

Postby Support » Wed May 05, 2010 10:19 am

The latest DL1 firmware has improved lap timing reliability, so it is worth updating the firmware on both the DL1 and DASH2.

Gregg

Postby Gregg » Wed May 05, 2010 11:14 am

Unless there is firmware newer than V33 091215 for the DL1 Mk1 and 9 1 9 090907 for the Dash2 I don't see my situation getting much better in the near-term..

MAC Racing

Postby MAC Racing » Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 pm

I will check to see if I have the latest firmware.

Thank you

MAC Racing

Postby MAC Racing » Wed May 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Is there any way to use a lap beacon?

I see the info on the lap strip for carts but can this be used for a standard lap beacon?

Support

Postby Support » Thu May 06, 2010 10:36 am

The DL1/DASH2 always uses the GPS for lap timing, there is no input for lap beacon.
The lap marker digital input on the DL1 is to add a lap marker beacon on the circuit, so connecting a lap beacon input to that would simply create a lap marker every time it is triggered.

Gregg

Postby Gregg » Thu May 06, 2010 1:45 pm

OK, lets try this another way..

Support-Since the latest firmware available on your website for both the DL1 Mk1 and Dash2 still exhibit major issues with lap timing (even when using your greatly expanded instructions at http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... imingGuide ) do you have anything newer that is more reliable?

Support

Postby Support » Wed May 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Could you send me a sample run file with a .lap file. We can then have a closer look to see what we can do.

gummi(at)race-technology.com

vicktorvolpe

Postby vicktorvolpe » Sun May 16, 2010 4:51 pm

I think I'm having a similar problem...have version 8.5 of the DL 1 software, 9.19 of the Dash 2 software. Created a .LAP file, but couldn't get a laptime. I think I was getting lap counts at the end of the session.

Any help or pointers?
# 12 SSM/SM

Support

Postby Support » Mon May 17, 2010 3:20 pm

For the lap timing to work the DASH2 needs to be set up and configured to display the lap times.
Best starting point is this page in the Knowledge Base:
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... /LapTiming

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 am

can you not make a track map file (with your first run) add sector markers then put onto the flash card,then put that into the DL1?

i'm sure thats what i do and it works fine...(on a bike)

BBWRacing

Postby BBWRacing » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Support wrote:For the lap timing to work the DASH2 needs to be set up and configured to display the lap times.
Best starting point is this page in the Knowledge Base:
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... /LapTiming

Thanks for that.
I think it's answered my question I was using lower case.
as been having problems getting the lap function to work.

disquek

Postby disquek » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Until reading this thread I was unaware of the 8.3 uppercase file name restriction.

However ... my lap timing works (mostly) and I have used lower case names exclusively.

It gives me lap times, but not reliable sector times.

Can Support please clarify the requirements and update the KB?

<edit> - The analysis software defaults to saving the lap files with a lowercase extension ".lap" not ".LAP". If it really needs to be upper case, this is a very confusing bug.

-Kyle
DL1 Dash2 - both with latest firmware.

Support

Postby Support » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Windows will automatically convert the name to upper case when it saves it on the memory card, so it is the fact that it has fewer than 8 characters in the main name which important. If the file name is saved as markers.lap then the DL1 will see it on the card as MARKERS.LAP and it will work fine.

Return to “General support questions”