Import CSV?

Dan in Saint Louis

Import CSV?

Postby Dan in Saint Louis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:33 pm

Has anyone worked out a way to import CSV files such as might be generated by other types of data logger? I have some with as many as 30,000 lines of ASCII data and frankly they choke Excel<G>!

Thank you.
--Dan in Saint Louis

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi,

I'm not clear on the question, do you mean you've exported data from the RT analysis package, or you want to read in CSV data into the RT analysis package?

Thanks,

Support

Dan in Saint Louis

Postby Dan in Saint Louis » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Support wrote:Hi,

I'm not clear on the question, do you mean you've exported data from the RT analysis package, or you want to read in CSV data into the RT analysis package?

Thanks,

Support

The second -- I have data saved as CSV by a different manufacturer's data logger but I like the R-T software. Thanks!
--Dan in Saint Louis

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi Dan,

I'm glad you've "seen the light" and want to upgrade to Race Technology, however we don't allow CSV files to be imported into our software as don't want to end up supporting other peoples equipment. OUr software can only read in our format of binary files. If you are determined enough the format of the binary files is fully docuemented on our knowledge base but it would be lots of work and in breach of our softare licence conditions.

Really sorry! Sounds like you need a DL1 to me :D

Andy

Dan in Saint Louis

Postby Dan in Saint Louis » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Support wrote:Really sorry! Sounds like you need a DL1 to me :D

Andy

I have one, which how I know that I prefer your software<G>. We usually use it to study the wobble and weave characteristics of motorcycles.
--Dan in Saint Louis

phantomjock

Re: Import CSV?

Postby phantomjock » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Old thread - new question.

OK, I "get it" I can't import a CSV file into RT Analysis. I have a file that is a "Heat" file, from a simulation. It shows the same details as the (track) file when you view the throttle/braking/etc on the track background map. It is a Google Earth file and covers more area than the usual earth file when I load it in RT.

[Segment attached -- grossly over-zoomed.]
segment heat file.jpg
computer sim of my vehicle on a specific track
segment heat file.jpg (66.32 KiB) Viewed 10618 times
As I can't import the CSV to compare my track files to the simulation, is there a means to import this google file in lieu of the "live" online Google Map. Sounds a bit odd, but it wold give me a work around - other than a lot of analysis by hand. I want to improve my braking zones and this would be a quick means.

Thanks for your support!

Cheers - Jim

racetec
Site Admin

Re: Import CSV?

Postby racetec » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Sorry, it is not something that is possible at this time.

Return to “General support questions”