DL1 Lap marker button?

jacko996

DL1 Lap marker button?

Postby jacko996 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi

Please can someone let me know how to set up a lap marker button connected to the DL1

Thanks in advance

Dave

faraday

Postby faraday » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Have you tried anything yet yourself :?:

The Beacon Input is what you would use, but it does not seem to be "well supported".
I've been engineering cars, not driving around circuits myself lately, so I have not had the opportunity to test a simple switch. I have, however, been able to hook up a Hall effect sensor in an attempt to work as a timing strip sensor in a kart application.
I could log a change of state "on the bench", but nothing with the kart on the track. Searching through old threads and blogs, it seems that some other users have connected various beacon systems and had no success.
It appears as though the function might not work :cry:

jacko996

Postby jacko996 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I have not tried anything yet myself as it will be the first time using the unit.

It is only to give a marker position via the GPS for the lap times.

I can set a marker from my dash2 but would prefer to have a seperate button from the logger itself.

It does say somewhere in the litrature that this can be done, but cant find anywhere were it tells you how to do it :? :?

faraday

Postby faraday » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:51 pm

I can't remember which way it works, but the Beacon Input needs to be either switched down to ground, or up to 5V.
I recall that Tim Hoverd played with this function with hardware that should have worked...
:wink:

What I was optimistacally trying to achieve was to place lap markers in the log data file that Analysis would subsequently see. The GPS position did not work well on the small kart track, so laptimes from a manual software marker were not accurate.
The kart had an Alfano timer that could recall laps and sectors as well from the tracks embedded strips. I hoped to correlate these with the R-T data.
:cry:

Return to “General support questions”