CF Data Recovery

pault

CF Data Recovery

Postby pault » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:03 pm

After my last run on Sunday, my mechanic shut the power off on my car before I was able to press the Stop logging button. When I checked the CF card, the file was only 15 kB and obviously not complete.

Is there any way to recover the data? My feeling is that the data is there, but the file system wasn't updated.

Thanks,
Paul

faraday

Postby faraday » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 pm

This may only work with newer units or recent firmware, but it's worth a try:
Put the card back in with the power off. Re-apply power for 10s or so.
... the logger compares detail in its memory to the card and may update the card...

Re-read the card in your PC to see ...

:) or :(

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Also, recent firmware is less prone to this problem anyway, so might be worth updating firmware in any event.

If you do have recent (ie last 2 years or so) firmware, by all means try the self-repair process first.

If that doesn't work, a very tecchie individual with a hex editor etc might be able to extract the data for you.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

zlatan24

Re: CF Data Recovery

Postby zlatan24 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:45 pm

pault wrote:After my last run on Sunday, my mechanic shut the power off on my car before I was able to press the Stop logging button. When I checked the CF card, the file was only 15 kB and obviously not complete.

Is there any way to recover the data? My feeling is that the data is there, but the file system wasn't updated.

Thanks,
Paul

For settling out current troubles you can use recovery from flash. It can help after power failures, viruses, work with big files on flash drive. The application is compatible with all computer system configurations and all major versions of Windows OS.

Return to “General support questions”