Logging ECU data (ECU adapters)

Support

Logging ECU data (ECU adapters)

Postby Support » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

As you maybe aware we are currently introducing a range of serial and CAN ECU adapters to our product range. These convert the data that is typically available from ECUs into the RT data format so it can be logged on the DL1 etc, or displayed on the DASH2 etc...

At the moment we have adapter for about 10 ECUs but we would like to expand this if at all possible.... the problem is that we need your help!!

Basically we need 2 things:

1/ The specification of the data stream, normally we can get this from the ECU manufacturer

2/ A sample set of data logged from the ECU so we can test toe completed adapter

If you are interested in helping us with this program then please drop a note to andrew at race-technology dot com.

Kind regards to all!

Andy

Slides

Postby Slides » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 am

sent you an email.

stevieturbo

Postby stevieturbo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi Andy...

If you havent used a DTA S80Pro, I'd like to help....

Although in simple terms....what is it you need ??

Ive sent an email to Lorne with some queries, and included some DTA supplied info re-CAN.

So in terms of ecu logged data.....what is it you need ? Just a regular datalog file ?

fast_grandad

Postby fast_grandad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:45 pm

I can't see the MBE 9A4 ECU on your list. Have I missed it or do you have plans to introduce it? Can it be interfaced via the CAN/USB adapter supplied by SBD in some way?
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Moridin

Postby Moridin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 am

I'd very much like to get the DL1 working with AEM's new series 2 ECU's in conjunction with a DASH 2 on the FSAE car at our school. Would R.T. be interested in doing this? We would help wherever possible. I had the Series 2 ECU up and running, but could not get it to communicate with the DL1. Your help would be very much appreciated.

felix

Postby felix » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 pm

fast_grandad wrote:I can't see the MBE 9A4 ECU on your list. Have I missed it or do you have plans to introduce it? Can it be interfaced via the CAN/USB adapter supplied by SBD in some way?

Did you ever get any joy with this? Looking to do much the same in the future.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi,

Yes - we have an adapter for the MBE 9A4, this is very well tested as it is the standard ECU in the factory Ginetta cars and we supply them with all the data logging equipment. The MBE 9A4 has CAN and serial output, our adapter uses the CAN output. If you would like to order one then please email sales@race-technology.com .

Kind Regards,

Andy

Return to “General support questions”