V7 Beta - Public

RTUSA
Site Admin

V7 Beta - Public

Postby RTUSA » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:26 pm

We're announcing Analysis V7 as a public beta today - it's at http://race-technology.com/upload/Beta/Download.htm

As noted on the download page, if you have a previous build of V7 beta installed, you may want to do a full uninstall before installing the newest, details on the download page.

I'll be posting a link to some highlights of V7 shortly. In particular, V7 has tools to make open course (hillclimb, autocross) analysis much easier and sensible, I'll also post a separate note re those.

V7 will install alongside V6, so no reason to uninstall V6 or worry about being unable to recover from a V7 problem at the track etc.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions so far!

Any feedback re the beta should go to beta@race-technology.com. I'd like to be copied on open course issues at aseim@race-technology.com.

Edit:

V7 Beta highlights are documented at http://www.race-technology.com/upload/r ... lights.pdf

An Application Note on setting up markers and sectors for autocross, using the new V7 features, is posted at http://www.race-technology.com/upload/r ... 0Notes.pdf
Last edited by RTUSA on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

ssharkey

Postby ssharkey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:27 pm

Well I've been using the public beta now but why has it suddenly caused all my rpm output to look very stepped? I'm guessing there is a setting that I need to reset. I'm also a little bit miffed that I have had to set up all my variables again from scratch.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:20 am

For your RPM, you might check that default smoothing value is not different in the new software.

As far as variables go, Andy said it was not possible to support the old .var files since the new software supports so many more variables.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Note:

We had been having some crashes on Vista machines. A bug fix has been made and new software posted on the same link, if there are any instability issues with the latest (7.1.01 or higher) build please let us know.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:01 am

Regarding google map images, would it be possible to

a) keep them in memory somewhere, so a new net session isn't needed each time you look at it?

b) splice together higher resolution images (i.e. zoomed in more) so that the track map is higher quality, rather than using a zoom level where the whole track fits in one google image?
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

Dave E

Postby Dave E » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Getting a lot of "electronic overlay timed out messages" when using the map overlay feature - very impressive when working though!

andynorris

Postby andynorris » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:45 am

Dave E wrote:Getting a lot of "electronic overlay timed out messages" when using the map overlay feature - very impressive when working though!

Yes, I am getting that and "There was an error in the loading procedure" pretty much everywhere, but as you say, it looks like a good improvement when the bugs can be ironed out.
Andy Norris

nikpro

Postby nikpro » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:55 pm

Missing the summary statistics window in the default screen layout and also under the summary statistis window there is no option for completed whole laps - only sectors

also under the map colours there is no option for brake flag in version 7.

Any chance of these being added?
Fraser E White

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:19 am

My v7 also has no "completed laps" on the summary statistics.

Can't say about default layouts, as I've been using a custom layout in v7 for a couple of months now

Agree about the brake flag - just checked and I don't have it either.

Edit: Corrected for 7.1.02

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:39 am

Any chance of returning the "Completed Laps" in the summary window (along with best, worst, average, theoretical). It would also be nice to have, along with best, worst etc, a 'whole run' column, so that the max/min/avg/range during the ENTIRE run is displayed. Makes it quick and easy to see what the maximum revs during the whole session were (or max gs, or number of gear changes etc).

Not getting any loading errors in the windows anymore, so that's good.

Racing at the weekend, and would appreciate the return of the summary statistics for it (or I grudgingly revert to an older beta).

nikpro

Postby nikpro » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Found how to change default screen anyway so it's Ok now.

Create the workspace you want.
Save screen layout
In Program files go to RTV7
Open Analysis folder > Config.
Copy the saved screen layout file into folder.
delete original default screen and rename saved screen as default.

Could do with scroll bars added to summary statistics window if possible
Fraser E White

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks for that tip. I also found that you can do the same with your custom variable layout in the same directory.
Jason Kolk
Autocross - ESP Camaro Z28

chumpy36

Postby chumpy36 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:29 pm

It appears zooming on a graph in the latest version does not work. The data just disappears.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:53 am

New beta version 7.1.12 (although it says 7.1.11 in the window title)

Still no Complete Laps when laps and sector markers used.
Loading a vehicle file, it doesn't remember the custom path I've told it (but loading variable file does).

Requests:

An ability or utility to merge two run files together (so that they appear as one run in the laptimes list rather than separate sessions).

An ability to 'blank out' the data for a lap, so that N/A is shown. Sometimes I get a funny lap where the data goes all wrong and my lap time is odd - being able to filter that out, rather than trimming the rest of the run, would be great.

Save map background in the raf, so that it doesn't have to reload a new image every single time (which is annoying, especially if your internet connection isn't always on).

On the Accelerometer page, with the new orange box representing the unit, can you put something on the images to show which side is which. Is the front the side with the button or the side with the connectors. Sounds silly, but how are customers expected to know?

Ability to rename sectors, even when they are generated automatically from manual markers. I want my markers called Start, Sector 1, Sector 2 etc and the sectors called after the corner they represent. Not very easy to do now without doing it all manually.

More information about filtering. I'm just starting using it, and the amount of information on the subject is ridiculously small, so I've had to resort to lengthy guesswork, which takes along time.

Why, when I reduce a run length (which I tend to do a lot) does Analysis add lots of extra data in the first/last second - the graphs go crazy at this point, and look messy. Surely it's just a case of deleting data after a certain point. The mess wasn't there before the trim.
Last edited by tristancliffe on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am

chumpy36 wrote:It appears zooming on a graph in the latest version does not work. The data just disappears.

Turn off 'Start Axis from Zero' before you drag the box. The box uses the current axis scales rather than where on the data you drag - a bit retarted if you ask me, but this is the workaround.

Return to “General support questions”