Firmware Update Early Dash 2

Minetti

Firmware Update Early Dash 2

Postby Minetti » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 am

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before (I did have a quick search with no luck).

I recently acquired a car with a early Dash 2 and DL1 (purchased around 2007). I have downloaded the latest Race tech software in order to reconfig some things in the Dash, however I receive a warning about having the correct firmware installed when attempting to access anything Dash 2 related in the software (It says it requires V10.0.0 or later for the current Software or V9.0.0 for the legacy software)

Both the warnings said to turn the dash on with the down button pressed to bring up the firmware version, however I have tried this a couple of times (including both buttons in both positions)but it doesn't appear to show it.

I was just going to try and update the firmware regardless, however I noticed in the firmware warning message (in the Dash 2 legacy software) , there is a sentence right at the end that begins with "If no version number is" and then nothing. It would appear that the sentence was trying to give advice on what to do if your Dash 2 doesn't show the firmware version, however the sentence isn't complete.

Im a bit reluctant to try a firmware update until Im sure it wont cause any problems

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Scott

racetec
Site Admin

Re: Firmware Update Early Dash 2

Postby racetec » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:15 pm

There was an issue which affected about the first 50-100 units produced which would cause problems if reflashed, but by mid 2007 we would be well past that.
If there are any problems after reflashing we would be able to completely reprogram it at the office.

Martin

Return to “General support questions”