Movie editing and integration

Jim Perry

Movie editing and integration

Postby Jim Perry » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I am looking for advice on a video editing program. We have a Contour camera that creates mpeg format video (really good) and been using Windows Movie Maker (free) but it's clunky. In addition it takes an enormous amount of time to do the integration from my DL1.

We want to 1)integrate, 2) edit the movies and 3) add text graphics to them prior to posting on YouTube.

What video editors have you found good to do this?
Jim Perry
P and B Motorsports
Vintage Volvo Racing

Turby

Postby Turby » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Have you looked at TrackVision ($149) or RaceRender ($24.99)

I've used RaceRender in the past, the free version limits you to 3 minutes of video, plenty to allow you to try before you buy.

http://www.racerender.com

Support

Postby Support » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:23 pm

THIS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THE MORNING OF 9TH NOV 2012

We've just added HD support to v8.5 which is available as a beta test in our download section. This is really designed for GoPro support, but anything that generates an HD h264 should be okay. In fact the video support should work with most video formats, but so far we've only tested with MP4.

To try this out, load a run file, got the run manager and drag 'n' drop the video, then sync it up. To export a video with overlay goto file->export as video.

This is very new, so it's likely you will find problems, if you do email beta@race-technology.com and we'll fix it as quickly as we can.

Thanks, Support

Return to “General software support”