Analysis and Video 4 Variable Manager content differences

fast_grandad

Analysis and Video 4 Variable Manager content differences

Postby fast_grandad » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:33 pm

This follows on from a suggested improvement regarding real time lap timing for open laps.

The 'time from lap' and 'time from sector' variables are in the standard variable table in Analysis but not in Video 4 config. There are other missing variables (power, torque etc) but these are the two of interest to me at the moment.

I want to export a synced video file, created using the Run Manager video facility and a video 4 overlay that includes one or other of these lap or sector times but can't because they're not anywhere in the overlay variable list..

The funny thing is, if I save the variable file from Analysis with all the enabled variables that I want, they are missing when I load it into Video 4 Configuration. If I save the Variable file from Video 4 Config and load it into Analysis, only the variables visible in Video 4, not surprisingly, can then be seen in Analysis, both in the variable list and the available variables.

I initially thought this was finger trouble on my part but after a bit of experimentation passing the variable files back and forth I don't now think it is.

(How) can I get these 'missing' variables to appear in the Video 4 Configuration program? This would enable me to include a time-from-start stop watch on the video.

Thanks

Paul
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Support

Postby Support » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:04 pm

okay - I understand now.

There are some variables that are blocked in the VIDEO4 configuration as they are not available in real time, only in analysis. With the release of the new post processing support then these variables should be made available as they are all available in this mode. I've asked the engineer to change this, but in the meantime there is a workaround although it's a bit messy. You can add user defined variables to the layout, and then in analysis assign the missing variables to these variables and they will get displayed. So for example, add "user defined 1" to the video overlay, and in the analysis software set "user defined 1" to be equal to just "time into lap".

Hope that makes some sense, if not, then please be patient and we will get a proper fix for this sorted out.

Kind regards,

Andy

fast_grandad

Result!

Postby fast_grandad » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks Andy, that works fine.

your help very much appreciated.

best wishes

Paul
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Return to “General software support”