Simulation in Version 7.3.96

Ray Ruthven

Simulation in Version 7.3.96

Postby Ray Ruthven » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 pm

:? I have just downloaded the new version 7.3.96 and tried to use the lap simulation feature (I had not tried this before). However, after following the help section etc. cannot see any simulation variables. The help says this is still in development mode but should I be able to use it in this version?

Ray,

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:37 pm

You will need to make sure that the SIM variables are all checked in the Variable Manager, found under "Simulated variables". Then you will be able to select the SIM variables like any other variable.

Ray Ruthven

Postby Ray Ruthven » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks, but that appears to be my problem, I cannot see any "simulated Variables" in the variable manager. I have tried various car options using defaults and manual settings but still nothing?

Ray,

Support

Postby Support » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 am

Does your Variable manager have "debugging variables"? If so you will find the SIM variables under that. There was a slight oversight that caused this to happen and this will be rectified this week.

Ray Ruthven

Postby Ray Ruthven » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 am

thanks again for the response but still no luck. The variables manager only has Standard Variables, External Inputs, GPS variables, User Defined Variables and Serial Variables. The lap/sector chart does show rows for simulated and simulated delta both greyed out and n/a.
Ray

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:43 am

Version 7.3.119 is the latest Analysis Software version available on our website and I'm running that at the moment, this is the one that has the debugging variables mistake, if you download that one you should be able to see the SIM variables.

The Simulated time and simulated delta are always grayed out, this is to distinguish those from the real sector and lap times.

Ray Ruthven

Postby Ray Ruthven » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:59 pm

:D
Thanks for the help. V119 seems to have done the trick and is now working OK - only problem is the driver (my son) doesn't like some of the answers!!

Ray,

Return to “General software support”