Use RT Analysis for Drag Racing?

Jimster

Use RT Analysis for Drag Racing?

Postby Jimster » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:52 am

Does anyone use RT Analysis for Drag Racing? I have tried but as you don't complete a lap you can't add start or a sector (for the end). How do you guys get around this??

Cheers

Jim

pault

Autocross/Drag Race

Postby pault » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:44 pm

This must be possible. I know people use the DL1 for autocross which is similar to drag racing in terms of a separate start/finish lines and no laps.

Paul

stevieturbo

Postby stevieturbo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Ive logged 1/4 mile runs with my AX-22 and viewed them in the software. ALthough there must be a slight time shift somewhere, as what is viewed in the software, isnt exactly the same as displayed on the unit at the time...

As for other logger versions...dont know.

But surely if you can locate a stationary point, then from the moment you move, you know thats the start of a run ?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:15 am

It is possible to specifically define the start and end of a run. When you create a lap marker, un-tick the box that says "use this as a lap marker". Then click the "more..." button in the lower left corner, there you will find two options, "Add start of run marker" and "Add end of run marker".

Another way to analyze an acceleration run would be to use the performance calculations tables. There are custom tables there where you could determine your 60ft, 1/8th, 1/4 mile times and speeds.
For further information on the performance calculations see our Knowledge Base http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/index.php/AnalysisTools/PerformanceCalculations

Jimster

Postby Jimster » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 am

sorry guys I missed your posts, thanks for your replies, I'll have a play and let you know how I get on.

Return to “General software support”