Lap and Sector screens change on Dash3

sdimm

Lap and Sector screens change on Dash3

Postby sdimm » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:56 pm

In the manual it says the following.

"DASH3 switches to the Lap or Sector screen automatically at the end of a lap or a sector respectively."

Is there a way to turn off so that the Dash3 doesn´t change to the "Sector" screen but still change to the "Lap" screen automaticly?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:28 am

This is possible. If you only have a lap marker and skip the sector markers in the DL1/DL2 configuration then just the lap time will be displayed.
If you want to perform sector analysis after wards, it is easy to set up sector markers in the Analysis software

sdimm

Postby sdimm » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:41 am

Support wrote:This is possible. If you only have a lap marker and skip the sector markers in the DL1/DL2 configuration then just the lap time will be displayed.
If you want to perform sector analysis after wards, it is easy to set up sector markers in the Analysis software

ok, so it has to switch automaticly on both Sectorscreen and Lapscreen.

Also, exactly what does "best sector delta" and "best lap delta" mean?
When I tried to set a lapmarker it gave the right laptimes but the splittimes which I though these two meant were way off, some times 5 seconds some times 38 seconds. I checked to that the Start/finish was right in the Analys software afterward in case it maybe missed the line or something but it didn´t.

Quite alot of things to figure out to get it right :)

datracer99

Postby datracer99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Support wrote:This is possible. If you only have a lap marker and skip the sector markers in the DL1/DL2 configuration then just the lap time will be displayed.

I'm still trying to get my DL1/Dash3 set up, but will want to do the same thing.
I can't see in the DL1 configuration program where to "skip" the sector markers in the DL1. Can you point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

datracer99

Postby datracer99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 am

jlucas wrote:http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/index.php/DASH3/LapTimingOnDASH3

Thanks, but that is specific to the Dash3 - it doesn't actually tell me where I "skip the sector markers in the DL1/DL2 configuration"

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:59 pm

If you look my post was the same minute as yours. I was replying to the one before asking for the definition of best lap delta.

For your question: Support's comment is misleading as there is nothing with laps or sectors in the DL1 config. I think what he meant to say is that if you only define a start/finish in your .lap file that you put on the CF card in your DL1/DL2 you will not get any sector interruptions. The .lap file is defined in Analysis or via button push on the DASH (assuming you've mapped a button to be that function).
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks for the clarification Jeremy, this is exactly what I meant.

datracer99

Postby datracer99 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:38 am

Thanks. that makes sense now.

Return to “General software support”