Problem with Laptimer in Dash3/DL1 combination

sdimm

Problem with Laptimer in Dash3/DL1 combination

Postby sdimm » Tue May 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi,

I have a DL1 connected to a Dash3 and have problems with it showing the laptimes.

So, were running on a track for the first time and I recorded some laps which I then imported into the Main Analys software to set the sectors and lapmarker. It works fine in that program but then the problems begins when I try to use those sector and lapmarkers in the DL1 to then show laptimes and sector times on the Dash3.

The file I put in the root of the memorycard is called "MALMBY.LAP".
The dash3 can show throttle input and RPM amongst other things so it looks like it can get the data from the DL1.

Both me and another guy have looked through the manuals to search if we missed something but no luck.

Need to get it going before Friday since the car will be in a race then.

Any suggestions from both users and support?

// Mattias Stahre

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi,

At first glance it seems that the DL1 is not configured to send the GPS data to the DASH3 via the serial cable.
Have a look at our knowledge base http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/index.php/ConnectionToOtherHardware/DL1ConfigForDASH and see if your DL1's settings are the same.

sdimm

Postby sdimm » Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Support wrote:Hi,

At first glance it seems that the DL1 is not configured to send the GPS data to the DASH3 via the serial cable.
Have a look at our knowledge base http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/index.php/ConnectionToOtherHardware/DL1ConfigForDASH and see if your DL1's settings are the same.

Hi, thanks for answering.

I looked at the link you posted and it might just be the solution. The config I had didn´t send otu all that GPS data so it´s hopefully the problem.
I will test it tomorrow and see if it works :)

// Mattias

sdimm

Postby sdimm » Sat May 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Okey, so changed the configuration and tested it out on the street a few days ago. Then it worked fine and I could set sectors and lapmarkers and it showed times on the Dash3.

Now however when the team was on a race this weekend it didn´t work again...

It´s getting really frustrating to not have it working and I can´t figure out what´s wrong. Shouldn´t this be a very easy think to do since it´s a laptimer?

Any suggestions?

sdimm

Postby sdimm » Sat May 23, 2009 9:41 pm

sdimm wrote:Okey, so changed the configuration and tested it out on the street a few days ago. Then it worked fine and I could set sectors and lapmarkers and it showed times on the Dash3.

Now however when the team was on a race this weekend it didn´t work again...

It´s getting really frustrating to not have it working and I can´t figure out what´s wrong. Shouldn´t this be a very easy think to do since it´s a laptimer?

Any suggestions?

Okey, I´m so pissed off at this thing now. After a whole race without logging there´s now not one logg from the entire 8 hour race.....

This is redicolus..........

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed May 27, 2009 10:27 am

DASH won't display lap timing info if it's not logging.
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ingOnDASH3
So in this case you weren't getting lap timing because you were not logging.

As to why you didn't get any log files, how is your DL1 set up to start logging? manual or autostart?

BTW, you can set a first LED on the DASH3 to be a logging status indicator and you can also map one of the buttons to be start/stop. If you use that logging status indicator you will never have the case were you were not aware that the unit was not logging.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

robnimkoff

Postby robnimkoff » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:31 pm

The connect to other hardware for dash 3 does not exist and I cannot find it anywhere. I am experiencing the same issues. I saved the track marker file as the .LAP to the root. I can't compare the DL1 settings as I cannot open the page shown. The only config for DL1 are update rates, start/stop, file naming, serial port config, and freq inputs. Can you tell me which tab is the one in question?

datracer99

Postby datracer99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:56 pm

robnimkoff wrote:The connect to other hardware for dash 3 does not exist and I cannot find it anywhere. I am experiencing the same issues. I saved the track marker file as the .LAP to the root. I can't compare the DL1 settings as I cannot open the page shown. The only config for DL1 are update rates, start/stop, file naming, serial port config, and freq inputs. Can you tell me which tab is the one in question?

Yep, i get the same error message: "ConnectionToOtherHardware / DL1ConfigForDASH
The page "ConnectionToOtherHardware/DL1ConfigForDASH" doesn't exist. "

robnimkoff

Postby robnimkoff » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:05 pm

I just ceated a .LAP file in a shortened name ie. LRP.LAP and saved it to the root directory of the CF card. Hopefully the DASH will read this file and use the markers to start lap timing.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:16 pm

A search for "DL1ConfigForDASH" yielded this link:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... figForDASH
Jeremy Lucas

robnimkoff

Postby robnimkoff » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 am

Thanks. Made the changes but when I go to save config and click save (file name is SETUP) it says:
to configure the DL1/2, store the SETUP.bin file onto a newly formatted CF card. The card was recently formatted. Must I do this again? And will that erase all the information on the CF to date?
what a pain.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 am

No you don't have to do it again, it's just a reminder for people.

Just make sure you save it at the root level (ie. not in a folder).
Jeremy Lucas

robnimkoff

Postby robnimkoff » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:45 am

Ok so why am I getting this error message! I can't save the changes to the CF card. Should the file name be something different that SETUP? There is already a SETUP on the root. Should that be deleted first?
Thanks for your input.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:33 am

You should only have a setup.bin on the CF card when you are making a change, it should not stay on there permanently.

For your current situation, remove or overwrite the current setup.bin, follow the instructions to get it onto your DL1, and then remove the setup.bin from your CF card.

TIP: store a copy of your current setup.bin on your laptop as you cannot "download" it from your DL1.
Jeremy Lucas

robnimkoff

Postby robnimkoff » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:53 am

Ok. I deleted the SETUP.BIN file from CF card. Confirmed that. Went back to config and tried to save the SETUP file but it gave the same message. I went into the CF root and there I saw the SETUP.BIN file again. Is this the original one that failed to delete or did the new SETUP get saved? Whoa the weirdness.
It's 10pm and I've had about 8 hrs of this so I'm beat.
Thanks for any further info!
Rob

Return to “General software support”