How do i connect my DL1 to My PC

westysprinter

How do i connect my DL1 to My PC

Postby westysprinter » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:29 pm

I need to change my DL1 set up so my Dash 2 can trigger the DL1. However after over an hour I have not managed to get my laptop to talk to the DL1, I can open the software and change the setup, but cant connect or send to the DL1, I have saved it to the flash card and put the flash card in the DL1 but still nothing aaarrrggghh if I had hair it would be out by now
Polygon motorsport
for all your 7 needs

westysprinter

Postby westysprinter » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:10 pm

The live monitoring works so I definitely have coms from the DL1 to the laptop, but I just cant see how I can send a new configuration (V6 software)
Polygon motorsport
for all your 7 needs

Dave E

Postby Dave E » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Sorry, it's been a while since I saw v6 of the software; I know in the current version though, you don't have the option to connect via the serial port for config changes. (Not that I've ever found anyway). It's all done via the flash card.

I wonder if it might be some kind of miss match between newer firmware on your logger and older config software? Might be worth trying again with the latest download of the RT software set.

Have you managed to write any data to the flash card from the DL1? (Just by triggering the logger from the front button for example?)

(Just trying to figure out why your logger couldn't see the setup.bin file)

What size CF card is it? It should really be no more than 2 GB at most, it also needs to be formatted as a FAT16 drive; I don'tknow if it's still the case but RT always used to suggest using their software to format the card rather than Windows or whatever.

If all those don't work, try a different card. They do go faulty sometimes, and not all cards are equal.

I've always used Kingston cards in mine, though RT also seem to recommend:

Kingston
PNY
Crucial
Integral
Viking Interworks
Memory Gold

westysprinter

Postby westysprinter » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Dave
I have v7 for the dash 2, but as I can't send to the DL1 then I don't think I can update the DL1 either.
The memory card is fine and the DL1 logs to it and I can read the log from the card to my laptop.
Also when I connect the DL1 to the Dash2 all the lights on the DL1 stay on!
I am a complete numpty :shock:
Polygon motorsport
for all your 7 needs

Support

Postby Support » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Mr Westy-Man,

Just noticed this one, are you all sorted out now? If you still have problems, please email us directly (sales@....) and we'll get you sorted out ;o)

Kind regards,

Andy

westysprinter

Postby westysprinter » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Cheers Mr support Man :lol:
I havent had time to look at this as the sprint season has started
My car is on display at Stoneleigh if you are ther this year (its where I bought the kit of you last year.
Any chance we can hook up on the saturday afternoon?
Polygon motorsport
for all your 7 needs

Return to “General software support”