Derivitives in version 7.3.05b????

racecar73

Derivitives in version 7.3.05b????

Postby racecar73 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 am

How do we calculate derivatives in the analysis (and dash 3) software now? that ability was present in the previous version of the software that I was using (7.2.88) but not in the current version (7.3.05b). Kind of an important thing in post race data crunching, and it would be nice to have the ability on a dash display... For example; calculating fuel usage rate and estimating distance/time/laps to empty.

faraday

Postby faraday » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 am

Let's hope this (have you checked all the advanced variable tools) has gone missing as a result of oversight and not been removed for "business" reasons.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:06 am

I have just downloaded and installed the same version, I can certainly differential and integrate on all variables in the Analysis software. You can't do this on the DASH3, but then that is as intended.

Martin

faraday

Postby faraday » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:07 am

73, what have you done?
Calculus and other advanced features that did go missing a long time ago, still function for me in a fresh installation of the current download.

Perhaps you have not used the Uninstall utility:
Start > All Programs > Race Technology v7 > Other > Uninstall. Too often, if you do not do this before installing, all sorts of crazy things happen. I'm not sure if it is officially the correct thing to do or not.
Make sure that you have any customised car, layout and variable settings saved to appropriate config files (Advanced Load/Saves under the File menu) before Uninstalling.
Data in the "last session" is erased too, so if you want to return to it save it as a .raf file. I think this should also save the configuration details, but I haven't actually tested this.

Hope this helps
:)

racecar73

update

Postby racecar73 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:39 am

I didn't un-install the previous version - seems to be working now...

Thanks for the tip.

To support: why would you intentionally disable integration and differentiation from the Dash 3? From what I have heard, you have excess processor time/power in the Dash 3 - why not let us use it?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:54 am

It is not a question of intentionally disabling it, it just has not been implemented. The DASH3 config uses the same sort of variable manager to configure the unit as you will see in the Analysis software, but that doesn't mean that everything the Analysis software does can be done in the DASH3. User defined variables are another example of something which is in the Analysis software but not on the DASH3 (or DASH2 or DASH1 for that matter).

As the software is further developed and we get more feedback from customers we will no doubt add extra features to the unit. If we used 100% of processor time from the version 1 firmware there would be little room for expansion.

Martin

Return to “General software support”