Calc Percentage of Lap spent at WoT?

Greg Amy

Calc Percentage of Lap spent at WoT?

Postby Greg Amy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:41 pm

I've got a friend who's working on a new track committee, and he's looking for information regarding percentage of time spent at WoT at a few Northeast tracks. I'm currently logging TPS as a voltage value (not percentage, but that's easily done) and I thought I'd be able to easily calculate this, but nothing in the software is easily apparent.

Can someone suggest a way to determine percentage of lap time spent at 90% or higher WoT?

(No, Jeremy, didn't lose your number...<grin>...just figured you're busy as heck right now...)

Greg
Greg Amy
FastTech Limited, http://www.fasttechlimited.com/
Data Acquisition, Driver Consultation

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Make a bar chart, and select TPS as the variable, with the percentage check box ticked, but not the culmulative distribution.

This will show the percentage of time at various throttle openings. The greater the number of intervals the smaller each percentage would be (makes sense if you play with this number, but the total must always add up to 100%).

For throttle I'd have thought that 10 intervals would be sufficient for your needs, and would show the percentage of time at 0,10,20...100% throttle. You can also make it only use data if RPM was over 2500rpm (i.e. not idling or waiting on the startline).

Good luck!
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

GregAmy

Postby GregAmy » Tue May 20, 2008 2:03 am

PERFECT! Actually, I preferred the cumulative, as it gives a quick glance at percentage time spent at, say, 90% WoT or below...

The guy was pleasantly surprised at the numbers, he figured it was much higher (examples: NHIS, 44%, LRP 44%, Road Atlanta 35% <-these are number spent at 90% throttle *or below*). This, of course, is for local sound approval...

Excellent info, thanks!

Greg

Return to “General software support”