Merge datafiles

janz

Merge datafiles

Postby janz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:41 pm

A small misunderstanding of the post trigger time feature led to haven e few dozen of RUN files. I'd lik to be able to merge them. It doesn't need to be an option built in the analysis SW. A separate program would do. Publishing the format of these files would also be enough; I could probably do it myself as long as each record has a timestamp.

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Strangely enough I have just had exactly the same problem. I set the Auto start/stop to "> 300" and Auto stop to "> 300" and had both pre and post trigger times set to 5 minutes. What I ended up with was 6 or 7 files each, 5 minutes long not one file starting 5 minutes before I reached 30 kph and finishing 5 minutes after I went below 30 kph...

I presume if you dip below 30 mph for a few seconds and then go above the DL1 keeps on logging - ie DL1 will only stop logging after you have been below 30 kph or less for 5 minutes...

May be its worth having some preconfigured auto start/stop setups you could select in the config.

Anyway - back to the point, I've done a bit of coding and I can now merge my disjoint but contiguous data files back together, so all was not lost :)
Last edited by Turby on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janz

Merge datafiles

Postby janz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 pm

could I get this piece of code?

On the topic of autostart. I haven't put my finger on it, but recently I had an experience that was actually worse. I had a nicely logged warmup lap, but the race wasn't. It seems the logging stopped as soon as I reached my spot on the grid, but it didn't start anymore.

The wierd thing is that is usually works. Recently I had a pace car situationin an endurance race where the speed dropped below the treshold. I ended up with two logfiles (which is why I would like your code). BTW, this contradicts your experience because I dropped below 20kph only very briefly.

Jan

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi Janz, send me an email...

ECOELEC

I'm also interested to merge RUN files ...

Postby ECOELEC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,
We are using DL1-MK3 during the Shell Eco Marathon in Roterdam (Europe) this year.
Unfortunately, i use an analog input as trigger for start logging and this input was connected to the battery current measurement.
The problem is that i have 32 run files to merge.
I tried to merge them with the removing of the 8 first data of all the added run (not for the first). The problem is for the "timestamp" wich is reseted at each new run merged and induce bad data decoding.

If you have someting which help me, i wold be pleased.

Best regards

Jean-Michel (Ecoelec)
M'ECAM car (http:\\ecomarathon.ecam.be)

Return to “Requested new features”