Menu@speed

BiKenG

Menu@speed

Postby BiKenG » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:40 am

I have to start with a question first, then maybe a suggestion.

Does the Dash2 Pro disable the Menu function when the vehicle is moving?

I've not yet installed my unit so cannot try it myself, but it's going onto a motorcycle and I suspect that this would be a good safety feature. Trying to ride while working through all the Menus is unlikely to end well.

I've been thinking about how to disable the button myself based on the D2P's own outputs, but then it occurred to me that maybe it does this anyway. Does it?

If not, then can I request that this be included as an option - so you can make use of it, or not.

BUT it should not simply disable the Menu button. It needs to simply not switch into Menu access mode if that button is pressed, however, still allowing for its use in combination with other buttons to execute what has been specified in the software.

The option could also allow you to specify the speed at which it is disabled.

I think this would be a very useful option to have and can of course be implemented in software only.
You can't have too many bikes

Support

Postby Support » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 am

Hi There,

This is already a feature in the newly released version 4 firmware for the DASH2 PRO.

The unit will not enter the menus when speed is greater than 0mph, however combinations as you said quite rightly can still be used.

Kind Regards,
RT Support

Return to “Requested new features”