Dash2 Pro Rename Drivers & Modes

oddlimbs

Dash2 Pro Rename Drivers & Modes

Postby oddlimbs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Would it be possible to change the firmware so that the Driver & Mode names could be changed to something more meaningful? For example, I will be using one of the outputs to cut the ignition in case of low oil pressure, I would like to be able to use one of the modes to accept a slightly lower oil pressure threshold & another to override the cut completely, should that be required. It would be nice to rename them appropriately, so I don't need to remember which mode is which, in the heat of competition!!

BiKenG

Postby BiKenG » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:50 am

Is this actually not possible? I aways kinda assumed it was possible, but am only now looking into doing this and couldn't see how. Not possible? Really?

The D2P is wonderful in many ways, but some of it really does suck - like this. Such a simple function and I would have thought an OBVIOUS requirement. To be able to actually name the drivers and modes as required. I find it hard to understand how for something so sophisticated, the developers have not bothered to provide such a facility. It's like having to go back to using DOS.

C'mon RT, this is a very basic requirement. We shouldn't be having to ask for this.
You can't have too many bikes

BiKenG

Postby BiKenG » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:13 pm

Rather puzzlingly, I now see the wiki implies you CAN change Driver names and even shows a picture of the screen in which to do this. But in the latest version of the software I am using, this screen is not accessed in the same way as described and the 3 fields to edit the Driver names are simply not there.

So can we edit these or not and if not why not?

BiKenG

Postby BiKenG » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:03 am

Well, managed to update the firmware and the config software which indeed has quite a few changes from the old one I have been using (mistakenly thinking it was up to date). I hoped this would include the Driver editing ability of which I HAVE seen pictures posted on the website, but it does not.

So there has been a release of the software that allows such editing, but it's been removed again. What is going on here? Can someone explain? Why has this facility been introduced and then removed again? Or is there some secret handshake I have to perform in order to have this re-enabled?

Return to “Requested new features”