Display Screens - reduce number from five to four.

Halsbury Racing

Display Screens - reduce number from five to four.

Postby Halsbury Racing » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I realize this is an 'odd' request - effectively reducing functionality.... in which case 6 screens would be OK also.

Why? >

I feel I am giving my drivers too much info and/or hassle with five screens, but too little with one screen. If there was an even number of display screens, the driver could alternate between effectively two screens (duplicated screens) using a single steering-wheel mounted button.

My drivers have to cope with an unfamiliar car, paddleshift levers, neutral-interlock button and over 700bhp/tonne: IMHO two buttons and five screens are too much.

At present having duplicated data on screens 1, 3 & 5, and second set of data on 2 & 4, means every 5th button push needs an additional glance at the dash and additional, corrective button-push.

Paul
Halsbury Racing

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:52 am

I will look at implementing an option to disable screens on the next firmware, so if you set it up for two it will just skip the others and go back to 1.

Martin

DMKMM

Postby DMKMM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Disable and add

Sometimes i wish there were more screens. When setting up a vehilce with 20 different sensors. Makes checking things way easier than lugging around a laptop all the time.

All the more reason to implement a bluetooth connection with a tablet (I prefer andriod) (but i guess you wouldnt sell dash's anymore)

DM
Kawasaki R&D

Aandreo92

Display Screens reduce number from five to four

Postby Aandreo92 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:02 pm

well there is a fourm that Tim opened for people where people can request a number.

Return to “Requested new features”