New wider font for Dash3 and Dash4

924RACR

New wider font for Dash3 and Dash4

Postby 924RACR » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 am

Carrying over from my thread in the hardware section... since this has evolved into basically a software new feature request...

Visibility of the Dash3 and Dash4 is really lacking in open-cockpit cars. We've tried many different options and hardware... but a key limitation is the font that is currently used in the software, I believe!

Within the next couple of days I'll take some photos and upload, but I believe the readability under marginal conditions will be significantly improved by implementing an optional "wide" font as an alternative to the current "large" font.

The visibility of the LCD numbers/letters is seriously impaired by the currently-available lettering style and the pixellated nature of the font. By making the characters wider/thicker, visibility will be increased, though at the cost of the amount of information that can be displayed.

In a fast open cockpit car, that's a very worthwhile tradeoff.

As mentioned, I'll be testing this on the actual hardware soon; I've already confirmed its effectiveness in the dash config program (by making and using my own bitmap). To make things even more challenging, I've made this font small enough to fit on my Dash3!

I urge you to strongly consider implementing this soon, to support those of us who are really struggling to get some meaningful function out of the dashes we have bought and can't much use.

I have a sample dash config which I can send in for eval... to whom should I send it?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:17 am

I replied to the other thread, please try to avoid duplicating posts...

Return to “Requested new features”