Dash2 bar graph option

ScienceofSpeed

Dash2 bar graph option

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:02 pm

A bar graph option would be helpful, and a feature lacking on most race dashes. This would be useful for read out of things such as fuel level and temperature sensors - where seeing a bar graph would be easier to interpret at speed than a digital read out. This could be placed in current locations using digits. The LCD characters could be displayed as vertical bars instead of digits. Example:

Instead of

FUEL

rather:

FUEL
||||||||||

This would be configurable through the Dash2 config software using different screens if desired and how many vertical bars = what input.

regards,
-- Chris

Support

Postby Support » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:57 am

Hi,

Okay... it's noted :o)

Support

scorpia

Postby scorpia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:28 pm

+1 - this is the reason i bought a dash3 instead of a dash2 - bar graphs.

i would have preferred the largerbetter coloured and easier to read screen of the dash2 though ;)

midlana

Postby midlana » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 pm

It's a great idea but can't be a sw option. The reason is that the present Dash 2 LCD is "hard-wired" to display only alphanumeric figures (in fact you can see that if you tilt it in sunlight with the power off.) What you're asking would be possible had they used a true dot-matrix display. If that had been done then the screen could be configured to literally anything anyone could want. Of course the display would then be more expensive, so...

Support

Postby Support » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:07 am

Potentially you could have something that looked a bit like a bar graph across the bottom - but I think it would look quite clunky.

The display technology is an interesting one. Dot matrix is more flexible, but the penalty is contrast/speed of response/temperature range. Unfortunately you can't have it all.

Support

Return to “Requested new features”