Hondata KPro ECU Interface feature request

midlana

Hondata KPro ECU Interface feature request

Postby midlana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:01 pm

This one's easy:

The Hondata ECU provides vehicle speed, yet the RT ECU Interface does not pass it through. The Dash2 has a speedometer that needs a speed signal, so I'm requesting that the ECU Interface assign vehicle speed to the speedometer variable. This avoids users having to run a redundant wire to the same speed sensor.

Oh, and I'd appreciate being notified when the fix is available, thanks!

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 am

Okay -this one has already been noted and the engineer is already aware :)

Kind regards,

Support

midlana

Postby midlana » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:40 pm

How will users be made aware when this feature has been added?

midlana

Postby midlana » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Same question, after we request a new feature, how will we know when and if it's been implemented? I assume we must periodically check for new releases? If so, looking here under Software, http://www.race-technology.com/software_8_914.html, I don't even see a folder for the Hondata ECU Adaptor, let alone any folder for any ECU adaptors other than the CAN versions.

midlana

Postby midlana » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Requesting status on this proposed improvement.

midlana

Postby midlana » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm

It's been another year and the silence continues. Any updates on the availability of this?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I will look at adding this as an option, the issue is that it can't be turned on and off from the ECU interface, so would have to be ordered with this option enabled when purchased. The problem comes when this interface is used with a data logger as you would then have two sources of speed data. One from the ECU and one from the data logger.
When any changes are made to this they will appear on the knowledge base page for that particular adapter:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... KSERIESECU

Martin

midlana

Postby midlana » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks for the update... and nuts. Since I already have a Dash2/DL1, does this mean that there won't be any way to upgrade it? If so, it means either using GPS speed and not having an odometer, or fabricating a speed sensor, which was part of the reason to buy the system in the first place, so that wouldn't be necessary.

FWIW, the car is very nearly done, all painted parts are back and it's just a matter of doing my part. The car project is detailed here http://www.midlana.com/ (something of a mid-engine Seven, with a turbo K24 in the back.) The book will be done in a few months, and I'm hoping to be able to recommend the RT Dash2 and logger in the Electronics chapter :wink:

Last edited by midlana on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

I believe that the odometer will update from the GPS speed data. If the firmware is modified for the ECU interface then to have this working with your system you would just need to disable the GPS speed output from your data logger on the serial port.

Martin

midlana

Postby midlana » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Is the firmware in the (Hondata) ECU Interface something that I can load at my end?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

Yes you can reflash the unit yourself, you have to connect it up as shown here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... DInterface

Martin

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 am

Better off using the DL1 GPS speed to the Dash2 which runs the Odometer as well. Mind you I'm not sure it will pass IVA unless the speed check it done in the open. Might be as well to add a hall effect sensor to get through IVA.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am

I agree, for a road car I would always fit a 'proper' wheel speed sensor.

Martin

midlana

Postby midlana » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Agreed... which is why I'm frustrated that I can't use the existing sensor provided by Honda!

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am

Given that you have been asking for 2.5 years for this I would bite the bullet and just order the £40 or so sensor :)

Still love the car though :)

Return to “Requested new features”