Considering changing from PI Compact Logger/ Express Dash

miloudiben

Considering changing from PI Compact Logger/ Express Dash

Postby miloudiben » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi there,

I am considering changing from my PI Compact Logger to a Race Technology system. I'm assuming not, but are my PI sensors compatible with the Race Technology dash?

Thanks,

Ben

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:40 am

Hi there Ben,

The sensors themselves can indeed be used with our dashboards and loggers, however they will need to be calibrated within the dash configuration, as we only have preset calibrations available for our own supplied sensors.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

miloudiben

Postby miloudiben » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for letting me know, thats good news.

In terms of what I would like the system to do, I have a Gopro that I would like to be able to link to my data (my friend is able to do this with his version). I would also like a dash that gives the intantaneous +/- projected lap time (like the AIM Solo for example). Could you tell me what logger/ dash I would need? Could I achieve this just by changing my dash?

Many thanks,

Ben [/img]

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Ben,

No problem.

For the features that you have listed there, the simplest solution and thus the one I would recommend is the DASH2 PRO. This is our latest display offering and combines a good looking LCD display, with a built in data logger and lap timing via GPS.

With regards to GoPro syncronisation, provided you have the correct model GoPro (Hero, Hero 2 and Hero 3 white) you can use our sync cable to connect the camera to the dash, to control the recording of the camera with the data recording, to enable perfectly syncronised data, instantly. If your camera is above the versions listed, the cable is sadly not compatible, therefore the video they create can still be used and overlayed with the data from the dash, but will need to be syncronised manually. We provide the tools to do this within the software, and is relatively straight forward.

With regards to the lap timing function you mention, There are a few features we can offer.

Predictive Lap timing - This is updated upon the completion of each sector on track. So not quite instantaneous but a step in the right direction.

Time Slip - This gives you your lap delta (How much faster or slower you are) in real time as you travel around the circuit.

I hope this helps,

As always if you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch!

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”