Dash2Pro features?

synfinatic

Dash2Pro features?

Postby synfinatic » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 am

So I race motorcycles in the USA with the AFM and I'm currently using an XT Racing GPX Pro and I'm considering upgrading to something more powerful. I found the Dash2Pro which seems to meet most of my needs, but have some questions:

1. What is the refresh rate of the GPS?

2. I see it supports CAN, but I don't see any mention of ODB/K-line? Any chance of that? Looks like I might be able to build my own K-Line decoder and submit via Serial?

3. Assuming I can't get the gear position from the K-line, I'll need to tap the gear position sensor itself. However, this sensor is known to be pretty noisy and you can't create a simple map of X volts = Y gear. Does the Dash2Pro support filters or some other method of getting more accurate data then I currently am getting with the GPX Pro?

4. Is the RPM input protected for use with a coil?

5. Are all analog inputs limited to 100Hz? I was hoping to use it with suspension travel sensors and would likely need a higher sample rate.

6. I've tried downloading & running the "Analysis Software Demonstration Video" (.exe file) on the software downloads page, but it doesn't do anything? At least not on Windows 7.

7. I was able to find some sample data for the Dash2Pro (the motorcycle at the IOMTT), but the software seems very confusing. Other then the training seminar video, is there any documentation? I can't seem to find any under the Downloads & Documentation section of the website.

Thanks!
Aaron Turner
AFM #22

synfinatic

Postby synfinatic » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:05 am

????

synfinatic

Postby synfinatic » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:45 am

Edit: Nevermind... didn't understand I needed to set the start/finish marker

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Apologies for the delay in responding, its been a busy week!

If we can assist then please email us directly at sales@race-technology.com

Kind regards,
Adele

synfinatic

Postby synfinatic » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:04 pm

FYI, I've emailed you a week ago (Oct 29th) like you asked and no response. Is your post-sales support this slow too?

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:22 am

Hi Aaron

Apologies for the delay in responding to your enquiry.
I understand that somebody has now contacted you with the information that you require. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Kind regards
Adele

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”