Pre purchase questions.

bram

Pre purchase questions.

Postby bram » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello. Im considering getting setup with a DL1 (unsure which spec model) and Dash2. And I have a few questions.

1. Can I import external data into the post-race software? I drive a Subaru, and I record data from the engine management (original ECU) onto a SD card via a device called a Tactrix Openport 2. The data is saved as a .CSV file. Can I simply bring that into the software and sync it up? Or alterantively, can I somehow plug the Tactrix USB data into the logger directly?

2. On the Dash2, I understand there are warning lights to indicate of a malfunction etc. How advanced can they be configured? For example, could I set up a warning to indicate if AFR goes too lean, above a 2nd threshold like MAP pressure? (I have external sensors for this) If I simply set a warning for AFR lean condition, it would go off at idle all the time. It would need to be refferenced to another conditon to prevent false alarms.

3. (Leading on from Q2) Can the system monitor/record data from PLX IMFD gauge systems. I have a PLX sytem to monitor AFR, MAP, AIT, EGT, temps, and pressures. There is anolouge outputs which I think should work, but is alot of extra wiring and such. Can I use the IMFD (im guessing IMFD is a type of CAN???) into one of the CAN inputs? Similarily, could a DEFI Link data source be used like that?

4. I live in Australia. What is the best way for me to get the product? Is there AU dealers, or should I order from the UK.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi there,

Allow me to answer some of your questions

1 - You would not be able to import the information from another logger into our analysis package, but you can export our data as a .CSV file. Using this you would be able to view the data side by side.

2 - On the DASH2, you are only able to configure warnings to trigger based on one variable, meaning that under certain conditions the warnings would be triggered when the condition is true but not relevant. For a more complex alarm style to be used I would recommend a DASH2 PRO with the advanced options license. This in turn enables the advanced alarms meaning that an alarm can be based on up to three variables.

3 - Provided the analogue outputs are functional you should have no problem connecting and logging data from these, the channels would simply need to be calibrated to show the correct values based on the voltages. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the unit to know whether the IMFD can be used.

4 - Units can be purchased directly through us.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

bram

Postby bram » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:40 am

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”