Are indicator LEDs software controllable

Ron_Jaegers

Are indicator LEDs software controllable

Postby Ron_Jaegers » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:31 am

I am currently wiring my car with a CAN-based PDU and planning on integrating a Dash-2 Pro for dash/datalog duties. For this I was wondering if the indicator LEDs (low/high beam, indicator etc) are controllable from software or if they are hard-wired to the dashboard-loom.

If they are software controllable would it be possible to map the LED operation to CAN messages?

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:28 pm

As a matter of interest what PDU will you be using ?

Ron_Jaegers

Postby Ron_Jaegers » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:46 pm

I am using the 3-Cell kit from InfinityBox (formerly known as ISIS-Power, but for reasons unknown to me they changed their name ;)).

See: http://infinitybox.com/products/

Support

Postby Support » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi,
Two of the LEDs are controlled from the processor, but there are no options for the user to drive these in any other way I'm afraid.

Martin

Ron_Jaegers

Postby Ron_Jaegers » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:31 pm

That's a shame, then I need to have/make some glue-logic or wire in the leds the old-fashioned way.

Two problems I can overcome, but it would have been nice to control all indicator leds from software.

Support

Postby Support » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:57 am

It was done that way because things like the indicators need to work at all times, so that the hazard lights operate even with the ignition turned off. To have the processor running all the time just to operate the LEDs would have been a problem in terms of current consumption.

Martin

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”