DASH2PRO

Support

Postby Support » Wed May 08, 2013 1:17 pm

The mounting angle is compensated out, so that won't cause any issues.

The main differences as you mention are:

No card slot
No frequency inputs
max 8 instead of 12 channels
No 20Hz GPS option
No 1khz logging option

The DASH2 PRO runs the same processor as the DL1 MK3 so it is basically running the same logging sections as the DL1 MK3 but with the addition of the display functions.

There are many other new features that you do get on the DASH2PRO in comparison with the DASH2 though, so it is more flexible in terms of alarms and we will be adding more to in the future with more advanced alarm and logging features.

Martin

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm

How close is the CAN reception option to being released? We need to receive basic CAN data from the DTA S100 ECU. Nothing fancy. Things like coolant temp, TPS, etc. Things you can do with the standalone CAN adapter today.

While on that topic, can that same embedded CAN interface work with newer BMW S54s (2001-2006 BMW M3/Siemens DME MSS54HP)? Or does that need to be the old OBD2 interface? I think the MSS54 still does OBD2 on K-Line but I'm not sure.

Thanks
Peter Carroll, Toronto, Canada
DL1 and Dash2 - http://DriversMeeting.com/pcarroll

Support

Postby Support » Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 pm

We are testing the CAN reception firmware now but it is not ready. I don't like to put a time on these things as it depends on what issues we find along the way. I can tell you that the majority of new features are working but there are a few issues to iron out.

With the new firmware you would still need an external OBDII interface to interface with the car, the CAN firmware in the DASH2 PRO will do the simple CAN reception.

Martin

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”