Can this be done ?

Amsoil

Can this be done ?

Postby Amsoil » Tue May 18, 2010 10:33 am

I enquired at the Autosport show about Data logger, small dash for lap times, and camera/video front and rear, for my car; not a problem but I also wanted permanent live display from the rear camera on a small screen so that I could see what was behind me (the car is a Jaguar Le Mans car with no rear windows)
I was told that this was a novel idea and certainly possible with a small software change and that it would be looked into.
Can this be done? no one has made contact with me and Le Mans is just 4 weeks away.

Regards Don
XJR5 006
XJR5 006
XJR5 003
XJR12 290
R390 R5
Owning the above I will never get bored.

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 am

Don,

Using the Video4 to give you a permanent live DISPLAY of your rear view is possible now AFAIK. All you need is a data-card with a configured DEFAULT.VGL on it that just has the rear view camera set to be the BACKGROUND VIDEO.

You then use whatever screen you have as a monitor to view the rear camera.

When you want to record conventional video, just replace the data-card with one that is configured for the layout you want, say with the forward facing camera as background video and the rear as a PIP (picture-in-picture cam).

I havent tried this myself and cant at the moment but it looks like it should work.

Maxx

Turby

Postby Turby » Wed May 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Maplins have a wireless camera and small screen currently for sale for £50 (free P&P for orders over £35)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?mod ... gn=10p05-5

Works as standalone device, can be moved from car to car and you will have a solution within a few days :)

z31juice

Postby z31juice » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey Amsoil, I've been hoping to track down a more recent thread you've posted but this seems to be the newest. I was wondering if you've had any luck in getting your R390 R5 chassis together? You posted a few threads asking about parts and last I heard you still were coming up short. Please let me know!

Amsoil

Postby Amsoil » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:56 am

Got all 4 corners with wishbones etc but still short of a nose and engine cover.
Other projects have confined R390 R5 to a dusty existence on my mezzanine flo0r atm.
XJR5 006
XJR5 003
XJR12 290
R390 R5
Owning the above I will never get bored.

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”