Not possible to buy compact flash card tested for dl1....

jcmagne

Not possible to buy compact flash card tested for dl1....

Postby jcmagne » Mon May 10, 2010 5:42 am

few weeks ago i sent an order on your site to buy 1Go flash card and the french dealer answers to me that they have no card for DL1 asking me to try to find card in supermarket....
they have no cards under 4 Go...
have you a solution?
thanks in advance.
JC
have you tested cards for UK ?

osborni

Postby osborni » Mon May 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Find a retail store with a liberal return or exchange policy.

For reference, I log 10 analog channels (7 through DL1 at 25hz, and 3 through Dash2 at 10 hz, ), two frequencies, RPM and the GPS data. This is about a 5-6 meg file for 30 minutes.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 am

We do have 1.0 GB CF cards on our price list, perhaps the French dealer had run out of stock.

The maximum card size for the DL1 is 2.0GB and you should be able to get cards like that from computer retail stores or on-line shops.

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:37 pm

I've found it is near impossible to get anything smaller than 4GB now. So I've been using a standard SanDisk 4GB card formatted Fat16 (a.k.a. FAT) and it works fine with the DL1. It gives a warning when formatting but it has given me no problems.

In XP to get the option for FAT on a 4GB card, you need to format it from Computer Management \ Disk Management. The File Explorer does not give you the option. I suppose the command line format command should work too.
Peter Carroll, Toronto, Canada
DL1 and Dash2 - http://DriversMeeting.com/pcarroll

ayger

Postby ayger » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Almost 3 years (rising a dead topic) but cf cards do fail.Eventually.

Finding a CF card below 2GB nowdays is a bit trivial as you can easily imagine.

Being an experienced system administrator rather a professional rally driver (or part of a team), this is my workaround to use any kind of CF card for old DL1 units i've installed at the past.

Download this software

http://bbs.ipauly.com/download/file.php?id=58 (32bit)

or this

http://bbs.ipauly.com/download/file.php?id=59 (64bit)

-----WARNING---------
*DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU'VE SELECTED THE RIGHT DRIVE LETTER OF YOUR MEMORY CARD BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE ACTIONS PROVIDED BY THIS SOFTWARE*

-----WARNING---------

and using this piece of software , you may *partition* any -almost- usb flash/mmc/sd/CF card on the market

Concerning my case, the maximum usable size (after try and fail) is
2028MB (not 2048 for reasons beyond the scope of the topic,it has to do with sectors on the cf cards themselves).

So, i've decided to "dedicate" couple of "old" 8GB's CF cards to use it with
the logger, partioned with no more than 2028MB and FAT16(!) file
system.

Tried with the following cf cards :

Sandisk Extreme III 4,8,32GB
Transcend 133x 4,8,16,32GB

Working like a charm.

PS: Use an external card reader.Do not attach cards to any internal memory card reader slots you may found on your laptops/desktops.
PS2:Engilsh is not my mother language, if you don't understand a step, drop a message.

A./

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”