So I see the ECU interfaces have prices.....

osborni

So I see the ECU interfaces have prices.....

Postby osborni » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Does that mean they are in stock, ready to ship to customers? :)

On to the real question:

I have a 200 BMW M Coupe with essentially the same ECU as a '99 M3, which ECU interface product works best for me?

(I'm not against hard wiring into the car's harness - so if I don't need the OBD connector, I'd rather not have it.)

Ian

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Yes, ready to go to customers. I would expect it to be the serial OBDII interface, this is what I use on my '01 M5. It would be possible to wire it directly in to the loom, but I wouldn't have a clue about where the wires go from / to. Certainly easiest to just plug it in.

Regards,
Martin

brus_ik

Postby brus_ik » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 am

Support wrote:Yes, ready to go to customers. I would expect it to be the serial OBDII interface, this is what I use on my '01 M5. It would be possible to wire it directly in to the loom, but I wouldn't have a clue about where the wires go from / to. Certainly easiest to just plug it in.

Regards,
Martin

Hello

Could I ask which parameters could I get from E39 M5 ecu via serial OBDII interface ? And the second question is if I could still add some data via inputs in DASH2 or DL1 MK3 when connected to factory ECU via OBDII interface ?

Car is a trackday BMW M3 E36 chasis with S62B50 engine from M5 with factory ECU and I wonder if it'll be better to use OBDII interface and only a few external sensors or to use external sensors for all measurements.

Regards
Piotr

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:01 pm

From the E39 M5 I got...

Inlet air temperature
Water temperature
Throttle position
Lambda 1 and 2 short and long term trims
Engine load
Ignition angle
Lambda 1 and 2 values

The ECU interface connection won't in any way affect what other sensors you can connect to the DASH2 or a DL1 MK3, aside from not being able to map more than on input to one channel.

Martin

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”